Thursday, March 25, 2010

Meadow Valley

Most Sunday's our family likes to take afternoon drives. About a week ago we drove out to the Meadow Valley bridge.

Fun fact: Dustin took me there on our first date. It was super romantic. Seriously though! Eating Calamity's chicken strips and watching the trains go by. What could be better? Really he had captured my heart after he shot the mud hen while leaning out the truck door while driving, but that is a story for another day.


Back when I was a crazy teenager (shhh don't tell on me) we would climb up on top and "ride the bridge" as the trains went by. Scariest thing ever!
Our shadow family on the bridge


Peak-a-boo!


Allie is all girl!!



Mark is all boy!!


Dustin posted some pictures on his photo blog and this is what he had to say about it, 
"Meadow Valley has changed a lot since the flood but it still brings back many good memories of times past. I took my kids there and its a totally different experience. I was nervous until I thought about them when they were older and possibly doing some of the same things that i use to do and then we abruptly left."


Good times.. but I'm going to lock up my kids as soon as they turn 16.

The End
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design by Boots By The Backdoor