Monday, June 7, 2010

Hungry?

I've expressed my love for the Hunger Games series many times on this blog. I may have even made blog buttons for the series once. Well the countdown for book three, Mockingjay is down to 77 days!

According to Mahalo.com the Hunger Games will be made into a movie in 2011!
The Hunger Games movie rights have been acquired by Lionsgate per their announcement on March 18, 2009. The Hunger Games is the first book in a trilogy by author Suzanne Collins, who will also be adapting the screenplay. Due to be released in 2011 along with many other anticipated movies, such as The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II .http://www.imdb.com/year/2011/6 http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=537887

With the promise of a movie next year and the anticipation of the third book, I recently reread books one and two and came up with the following for actors:

Katniss


Emma Roberts
I think this picture says it all.


Gale


James Franco
I know, I know.. he's way way way too old and everyone laughs at me when I tell them this but can't you picture Tristan out hunting in the woods with Katniss??? Swoon.. I'm secretly on Team Gale.


Peeta


Christopher Egan
After watching Letters to Juliet I kinda fell in love with the goofy brit. He's sweet and blond and could totally pull of Peeta. Am I right or am I right?


Haymitch


Stellan Skarsgård
You know the guy from Angels and Deamons.. he played Boot Strap Bill in Pirates 2. He's Haymitch 100%.


Prim
Elle Fanning
Dakota's little sister = Katniss' little sister? I think so.


Effie


Kristin Cheynowth
Sweet, bubbly, annoying Kristin. Plus I can totally picture her in a pink wig.


Cinna


Christian from Project Runway
Ok maybe I stretched this one a bit. But Christian is who I imagine when I think of Cinna...


Finnick
Sean Bean
First of all.. what a terrible name. I know its pronounce Shawn but really what were his parents thinking??
I was reading Catching Fire once while Dustin was watching National Treasure and he's been Finnick to me ever since.


President Snow
Henry Gibson
Do you remember him as the scary doctor from The Burbs?
While Googling for his picture I learned that Mr. Gibson died last year.. bummer. 



What do you think??!
Who did you picture when you read the Hunger Games and Catching Fire?
Are you dying for book three?






Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design by Boots By The Backdoor