Thursday, July 15, 2010

This Time

Yesterday I had an ultrasound and got to meet our little peanut.
The baby is growing normally and looks healthy. He or she has two arms and two legs (phew). He or she is measuring larger than originally anticipated, making me farther along! I'm now 12 weeks pregnant and due January 28th.

Yesterday was also my first time really driving through Las Vegas. I've taken the 215 once and gone around Vegas. But this was hard core, do or die driving in Vegas. I kinda thought I could avoid that day for my entire life.. but it came and I conquered it! I'm not saying I'm going to make it a daily habit or anything but it was nice to not die.

Getting there was a breeze but on the way home traffic was really bad. There was a wreck and it slowed everyone down to about 5 miles per hour. Sitting in the car waiting to move gave me lots of time to think about the "this times."

Like:

This time... maybe I'll not have an epidural (yeah right!).
This time... I'm going to nurse for longer than six months.
This time... the baby will be sleeping through the night at 8 weeks.
This time... I'll loose my baby fat before I get pregnant again.
This time... I won't gain as much weight.
This time... I'll make all the baby's food from fresh fruit and veggies.
This time... my child in diapers will be potty trained before the new one is born.

Well I honestly don't know if all those things will really happen. It could've been the the 115 degree sun blaring down on me making me crazy... but it doesn't hurt to set goals.

One thing I do know for sure is...

This time... I'll be the best mom that I can be.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design by Boots By The Backdoor