Yesterday I had the opportunity to attend the funeral of a little girl named Malulani. She was born with Trisomy 18 and only lived for 28 days. She was born four days before Mark was born.
Before the funeral Allie was really winney and had had an accident (still potty training). I was frustrated and tired because Mark had been up a lot the night before. I was ready to have some alone time, even if it did mean going to a funeral.
When it was time to start the funeral Malu's father and grandfather brought her in a tiny, tiny white casket. I immediately broke down crying. Then she was followed by her nine uncles. What a sight to see all these men walk in. I continued to cry. Then we sang "Every Life that touches ours for Good" (More tears) Then a family friend sang "Heaven." Her father gave her eulogy and told the story of her mother's pregnancy. He said when they learned that Malu was going to be born with this disorder they decided to have an abortion. He continued to tell how they decided not to because they wanted to meet their daughter and spend as much time as possible with her. And they gave her the name Malulani which means "protected by heaven." Her mother read a beautiful poem called "What makes a mother." About how when your baby dies you are still a mommy. (more tears). Then an uncle spoke on the plan of salvation.
I was so touched by the strength of this family and especially Malu's parents. Malu's uncle told of the Savior when he blesses all the little children. And how we should all be like little children to be able to return to live with our Heavenly Father. He said Malu was with him and she was perfect. He said she was sent here to be a missionary - to gather us to be in God's royal army. Then when her short mission was complete Heavenly Father called her home.
When the funeral was over I went home as fast as possible to see my "perfect" little children. I found both of them sleeping like angels and kissed them both - glad that they were still with me. It takes a special person to lose a child. I don't think I'm strong enough and hope I never have to go through it. But children are perfect and are our Heavenly Father's. I need to remember that always. Because I am truely grateful for all that I have and all that Heavenly Father blesses me with and especially my wonderful kids. I am not perfect and I know I can loose it, as all of us can... but I'm taking care of Heavenly Father's children and I want to make him proud.

