Saturday, September 27, 2008

Pride and Prejudice


Yeay for me! I just finished Pride and Prejudice.
I've seen the movie about 1000 times and I love it more and more every time I watch it. Even Allie knows about Mr. Darcy and Miss Bennet, Miss Bennet, Miss Bennet and Miss Bennet! Since I love the movie so much I had to read the book. Dustin got it for me for Christmas last year. But I have just barely been able to really sit down and read it.
I loved every minute of it. From seeing the movie I knew how it was going to end. I knew that Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth would end up together but I was still anticipating it throughout the whole book. I loved laughing at goofy Mr. Bingley and the eccentric Mr. Collins!
Mrs. Bennet and the irritable and ignorant sisters, Kitty and Lydia where at times too much! I wanted to slap them. But so did everybody else. Mrs. Bennet had good intentions. You could tell she loved her daughters and wanted the best for them. Hey, I'd probably be crazy too if I had five daughters to marry off. I loved Mr. Bennet and Jane. I loved their relationship with Elizabeth. I loved trying to fathom that traveling 30 miles would take a full day. I loved dreaming of the beautiful scenery and houses. I loved the time period. I loved the language. I love Mr. Darcy!
I love Pride and Prejudice!
Two thumbs up - Five Stars. No wonder its a classic!
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design by Boots By The Backdoor