Thursday, January 8, 2009

Meat Loaf

I love blogging for many reasons and one of the best is everybody shares their yummy recipes!

I was just going to post my delicious Meat Loaf recipe when I came across my friend Lara's new blog- Managable Meals! Also Torrey's Kitchen is great for yummy and fun recipes. Check em out!

We had this last night! Dustin loves it and took the half we didn't eat with him to work today!

Meat Loaf Recipe from Catherine Brown :)

What you'll need for the loaf:

  • 2 beaten eggs
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
  • 2 tbs snipped parsley
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp dried sage, basil or oregano (I put a little of all of em!)
  • 1 1/2 lbs ground beef

What you'll need for the yummy sauce:

I usually double or even triple this cuz its so good!

  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 2 tbs brown sugar
  • 1 tsp dry mustard

1) in a bowl combine eggs and milk, stir in bread crumbs, onions, parsley, salt, sage & a dash of pepper.

2) add meat and mix well

3) lightly pat mixture into an 8x4x2 inch loaf pan

4) bake at 350* for an hour

5) combine ketchup, sugar and mustard

6) spoon fat of the top and spread sauce over the meat loaf. Bake for 10 more minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving

HAPPY EATING!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design by Boots By The Backdoor