1. The Frontiersman's Daughter
Pleeeeeasssssse, don't judge this book by its cover! Dustin thought I was reading a Harlequin Romance, tee hee... but for real.
Lael Click, is the daughter of a famous frontiersman, living in the late 1700s of Kentucky territory. Spanning eight years, we read as Lael grows up in raw Colonial America. Find love, loosing love, discovering herself and God.
"The Frontiersman's Daughter takes readers along for quite a ride with high-spirited Lael as she searches for love during a time when the world is more savage than civilized, when medicine comes from roots, and when a woman alone needs to keep a gun within reach. Laura Frantz portrays the wild beauty of frontier life, along with its dangers and hardships, in vivid detail."--Ann H. Gabhart, author of The Outsider
Seriously, I loved this book. Its one for my nightstand.
2. Cowboy Sam and the Fair
Last week we went to the library and found three Cowboy Sam books for sale! My dad read these when he was little and they are a treasure to him. When I found them I knew I had to get them for my library and to share with my kids. They are fun books about a cowboy, his friends and their adventures. Mark loves them and carries them around with him!
3. A Little Princess
Another accidental find! During a routine diaper and formula run to Wal-Mart, I was scanning the book section and found books for $1! I snatched up A Little Princess, The Wizard of Oz, Oliver Twist and Doctor Dolittle. There were lots of others that we already owned, like Peter Pan. For a $1, how could you pass that up?
A Little Princess, is the story of Sara Crewe. Sara is the pampered daughter of a rich military man and is student at Miss Minchin's School for Girls. Sara's life is turned upside down when after the death of her father, she is left penniless and is forced to work as a servant. Sara's strong will, determination and kind heart keep her going as she realizes you don't have to be rich to be a princess. Its through your actions and good deeds that is what makes you truly rich.
4. The Book of Mormon
On Facebook, I came across the event "Reading the Book of Mormon." It gives you a suggested reading schedule and outlines how much you need to read everyday in order to finish the book by December 31st. As a family we've really tried to incorporate daily scripture reading into our routine and this has helped so much! We have a goal and we are trying our hardest to reach it. We've made it a habit to ready after baths every night. The kids all know to get their jamies on and go to the couch. Its been a wonderful experience and we've felt the spirit as we been reading it together. We are way behind schedule, as having little kids doesn't always allow us to ready the four pages a night. But getting into the habit has been such a blessing!
What are you reading?

