Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pictures and Stories

Mark is almost 6 months old! He's getting two bottom teeth and chews on everything! I'm trying to sleep train him and I'm not very good at it. The whole idea is to let him cry himself to sleep, so that he will learn to soothe himself. I just want to hold him all the time! Its so hard. I couldn't do it with Allie. Our house in Reno was too small and I couldn't stand to hear her cry. Maybe I'll do better with Mark. Because Allie still climbs in my bed every night! I don't think there's room for one more!!

Allie, I swear she gets prettier everyday. Today she has a runny nose and cough but still manages to be a beauty! The other day she was playing doctor. She had a pair of headphones and stuck one end in Mark's ear. Then she said, "Mom! Oh, Mark has envelopes in his ears!" I'm still not sure if I should be worried. But I'm pretty sure Mark does not have envelopes in his ears.


Mark helping me do the laundry. He has learned to roll across the entire living room to get a toy he wants. He'll even scoot on his belly and use his head to crawl. Its rather funny to watch! His new thing is to crawl, scoot and roll until he is underneth the coffee table. Then he cries until I come to rescue him. Or until Allie comes to hide under there with him!

Estefan is our little monkey. He loves to hang and climb in this tree.


He also loves to hide in the corn. It took me about five minutes to find him and take this picture.

Oh, funny story! Yesterday I was waiting outside the gate for him at kindergarten. Usually he runs and is so excited to see me. But he just put his head down and kinda hobbled along. When he got to me I said, "Bud, what's wrong?" He didn't say anything and just pointed down to the ground. So I looked down and discovered why he had hobbled! His shoelaces were tied together! "Um," I asked, "Why are your shoes tied together?" He said, "Because I tied them in a huge hard knot and now I can't get them undone. I have to hop (he hops) like this."

Ah, ok. Just then Amy Keller, the room mother for the day, filled me in. She said that Estefan had tied his shoe laces together and that Mrs. Hardy had him stay in from recess until he could untie them. Well he never got them undone at school and was still all tied up when I came to get him!

I just had to laugh. Only this could happen to Estefan! Who would tie their own shoelaces together?? So we went home and he worked on his shoelaces for a little while longer. He scratched his head like he was really thinking hard and then he asked me for a screwdriver. I gave him one and he ran off. Then came back a minute later, he got them untied - with a screwdriver! Thinking he would've learned a good lesson about tying his shoes up in knots, I asked him what he learned from this experience. He replied,

"A screwdriver works better than my hands."
Whatever works, I guess. Then I had him practice tying he shoes like a normal person. He did really good. With a little more practice he'll be tying normal knots in no time!

"Wanna kiss?!"

Hold on tight! The kids love to sit on Dad's motorcycle.

Cuties!

Being a mom is full of challenges! Big and small. But no matter what I'm so grateful I have these crazy, silly, beautiful, wonderful, amazing children in my life! I love my silly kids!


Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design by Boots By The Backdoor