Last night for dinner I made stuffed peppers and corn bread! It was so yummy. Half way through dinner we realized that everything we were eating was either from food storage or home grown! I was so excited. If this is how being self-sufficient is than I am gonna be FINE!!

Ok ok you caught me.. these pictures aren't of my food but the food I made was as equally beautiful (right!).Here's the recipe for the stuffed peppers, compliments of Gaye!
6 medium green peppers
1 lb ground beef (I used sausage)
1/2 chopped onion
3/4 tsp salt
dash of pepper
1 16oz can of tomatos (I didn't use this)
1 cup cooked white rice
1 tsp worch. sauce
1/2 tsp chili powder (I didn't use this, thought it might be to hot for the kids, ok me!)
1 bottle homemade tomato soup
-boil peppers 3-5
- cut peppers in half or leave whole
- in a skillet cook ground beef, onion, peppers, drain fat
- add salt, pepper, tomatoes, rice, worch. sauce and chili powder
- simmer til done
- stuff in peppers
- put in a baking dish
- pour boiled tomato soup over stuffed peppers
- bake 350* for 25-30 mins
HAPPY EATING!!!

