Yesterday was the primary program in our ward. Dustin and I were talking back and forth about how we thought Estefan would do. Would he say his part? Would he get nervous and run away? Would he just stand there and wave the whole time? Estefan can be very unpredictable...
The program started and Estefan didn't stand up. I thought where did he go? After the next song he poked his head out with a mouth full of bread! His class was sitting where the priests prepare the sacrament and he got into the bread and was snacking away! His teacher noticed and sat by him for the rest of the program.
He sang a little but mostly like Garth mouthing the words to Bohemian Rhapsody on Wayne's World. Then he kept playing with something and putting it in his mouth. I think it was his necklace. Then he caught my eye. I was smiling at him. When he saw me he dropped whatever it was in his mouth and started really singing and smiled a Cheshire cat smile and gave me a Little Rascals wave.
Then they sang a song that had some sign language with it. I think it was Home is Where the Heart is, but I can't remember for sure. He did so good. I was surprised how well he knew the signs. Every now and then he'd look over at us and add a little wave to his signing.
Then it was his classes turn to say their parts. Estefan was last. He watched all the kids get up and say their lines but never really looked out at the audience. When it was his turn he stepped up onto the stool and looked out. Quickly he put his hand over his eyes like he was trying to block the sun and looked down. He said his part like "PeophheservmesoIliktosevah" Then he ran like lightening back to his seat and his teacher gave him a high five!
After sacrament was over Estefan was beaming. He was so excited. He did a great job and we all told him he did! We were so proud of our little man. All the kids did great! And a big shout out to the primary leaders and teachers! They are so patient and wonderful for putting together such a great program. We always love to hear the primary kids sing, bear their testimonies and see their bright smiles!


