Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Live and Learn (I guess)

Much to my dismay Mark has given up his morning nap.

This was the perfect time for me to get showered and ready for the day. Usually I put him in his walker and he scoots around in the hallway while I shower. Now that he has started really walking on his own he hates his walker and tries to climb out of it! So I can't do that anymore. When Allie was his age I had a play pen to put her in while I showered. But the sides broke on it and it won't stay up!! So I can't put him in that. Now what?!

Today I tried closing the door to the bathroom and letting him run around in there while I showered. I covered the toilet and put the garbage can up where he couldn't get in it. He'll be good, right? WRONG!!

As soon as I was in the shower he had all the towels out of the cupboard, my blow dryer out and all the toilet paper off the roll. Then he came over and opened the shower curtain and let all the water spray on him and all over the floor. By now I'm covered in shampoo bubbles and he peaks in at me and laughs and sticks his head in the water. AHHH! I try and get clean as quickly as possible but he now is soaking wet and the bathroom is flooded. He is still laughing...

Well on an upside he and I and the bathroom are all clean! But what do I do tomorrow when I want to take a shower? Should I invest in a new playpen? Should I put him in his crib and let him cry til I'm done? Or do I have to wait til he takes his afternoon nap at 1:30 to shower?!!

Help! What do you other mama's do with your kids when you want to get ready in the mornings?
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design by Boots By The Backdoor