Saturday, July 12, 2008

random babblings from a tired mama...

Good morning! Why such a good morning you ask?
Well because Mark slept from 9:45 til 5:30!
I can't believe it! I'm sure he would've slept longer but I woke him up. Why, again? Well because I woke up feeling as hard as rocks, realized I hadn't fed him yet and rushed to his room to make sure he was still alive! Sure enough he was and looked so peaceful I almost cried. He's a beautiful baby and I love to watch him sleep. But of course the floor wasn't as peaceful as he was (its old and has some creaks here and there) and he woke up as a left his room. I decided it was ok because I'd rather get up a little early than be engorged!

Dustin and Estefan went to Cannonville last night. One of the big sprinklers is broken in Uncle Mark's field - and with Loni in the hospital again, Mark doesn't have time to work on it. So Dustin to the rescue! And as they say... "when the cat's away the mice will play." I don't know if most would consider it play but last night I stayed up until 11:30 scrap booking on Heritage Makers. If you're laughing just know I am no night owl - 9:30, the latest 10 and I am out! So I couldn't believe when I looked at the clock and was still working. I'm making a Baby Book for Mark and since our tomatoes have been ripe, I haven't had much time to work on it.

Speaking of tomatoes I have yet another batch to do today! I thought for sure our garden would never stop producing them. But it has finally gotten too hot. They can't stand the 112 degree weather.. so I picked all of them, red, green, whatever. And I found that Black Widows have moved in under the vines! I was so scared I've never picked so fast in my life. I guess they like it where its cool and shaded. But I hate hate hate black widows. They are so scary! You should've seen me. After I saw the first one I just started pulling the vines up so I didn't have to reach in under them! And every tickle I felt on my leg from the leaves I thought for sure was one. So there I was flinging vines and doing crazy spider dances to make sure there weren't any on me! Did I mention I live right on the main drag and as people drove by I got honked at. They probably thought I was crazy - but I DID NOT want to get bitten! Anyway I gave most of the tomatoes away and kept just enough for one more batch of something. I'll let you know later what it is when I decide what to make.

OH! More updates on sleeping kids! Allie has slept in her own bed all night the past couple of nights! I have a feeling she won't anymore because I let her sleep with me last night. I hate sleeping alone when Dustin is gone. So I hope I didn't ruin her slumbering progress!

Another fun update. (Well fun for me) Mark has pooped everyday this week! Its a little pasty.. but at least he's getting it out. I've been giving him water almost everyday - it's so hot and I feel like its helping to cool him off after we've been outside. And it couldn't hurt to help soften things up. Again if anyone has suggestions let me know... I've heard Baby Fleets help.. but I really don't want to stick anything up you know where!

I've discovered a great source for Mommy's who don't live close to a Wal-Mart! Diapers.com! I made my first order yesterday! You can get like 200 diapers for $40! And they deliver it right to your door!!! I ordered some for Allie and Mark. Unfortunately diapers, not gas, might be the thing to break us. Anyway they also have formula and toys, all kinds of stuff. I love it! If you so choose to order from there too use my referal code - LAUR1608. Any new customers who enter my code or email address when placing their first order will get $10 off their first order and I get a $1 credit each time you place an order. So there's my big advertisement for the day!

Well I've written a novel, the sun has peaked out from the overcast sky and my tummy is a rumbling. So I shall wrap things up and go eat some Captain Crunch! I hope everyone enjoys this cloudy - maybe rainy day. I know I will :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design by Boots By The Backdoor