Thursday, May 7, 2009

Crafty {Crayon Cozy} Cuteness

I was just telling my Grandma the other day that I haven't had any sewing projects since before Mark was born! How is that possible?! He's is one year old!

And after reading so many crafty blogs.. A Quilting Life and Green Apple Orchard are some favs! I've been craving a project. Then at church last Sunday I got my answer!

My friend Karrin's little girl, Claire was coloring during Sacrament meeting. She had this cute little crayon holder and her colors were all organized perfectly. I looked over at my poor kids who were also coloring... their crayons were rolling off their chairs and Mark kept snagging them away and eating the paper off. So as soon as I could ask Karrin, she filled me in on the crayon cuteness!

Its called a crayon cozy and the tutorial is found at Skip to My Lou!!

So yesterday I started on a cozy for Allie and then I remembered why it has been so long since I've had a sewing project!
Look at these bobbins!!! I turn my head for one minute and.. well you can see...
So how do I fix Allie's curiosity?
I give her my old sewing machine to "practice!"

My little seamstress. She loved threading it and unthreading it and pushing the foot pedal and watching the needle go up and down.

Mother + daughter + sewing time = Happiness!!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the finished product!

I've never worked with ric-rac before. I used to think it was called ric-rac because of the way it looks but I found out its because it ric-rac's your brain!! I think I unpicked this thing 3 times before I got it to ric-rac properly!

But I think it turned out pretty cute. I love the pink checkers and the little white flowers and

the big green bow!

After I was finished I gave it to Allie and her eyes lit up and she said, "Holy cow! There are crayons in this little blanket!" She's been carrying it around all evening. I guess it was worth the ric-racking of my brain to see how happy it made her!

Now I get to make Estefan one tomorrow!! No ric-rac this time.. cuz he's a boy and boys don't like frills - or so I'm told!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design by Boots By The Backdoor