Friday, August 8, 2008

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

Dustin took both the big kids to Cannonville! I can't believe how quiet the house is. Just me and Mark and my book. I can honestly say I've been reading Eclipse since they left and I my mind has me wondering... I half expect a vampire to jump out at me when I turn a corner. Its crazy that the chaos of a noisy home brings me comfort. Part of me wishes I would've gone. But I've got a date with the tooth fairy Monday morning, bright and early. I don't know how I'll be next week so I decided to get some cleaning done and relax before I loose all my wisdom. I know I won't do too much til this book is read. But Mark is a great distraction from the quiet!
Wednesday night it rained harder than I've seen it in a long time - like golf balls were dropping on our roof. The power went out for a while and we enjoyed it by reading "bed night" stories by candle light. It got a little warm without the air conditioner but I'll admit I love it when the power goes off and our family sits in the soft glow of the candles surrounding us. Then after Allie and Mark were asleep - Estefan was wide awake! - Me, Dus and Estefan sat outside on the porch swing watching the town light up with each burst of lightning. We sat outside until the rain started coming at us sideways, when the wind picked up. I love a good rain storm. I love it so much because it doesn't rain here very much and when we get it - its such a blessing. I'll even take the dang, sticky humidity if it means rain!!
Yesterday evening we went crusin' on the wheeler. Mostly we played at the dam. Also Dustin planted the fall garden! Let me think - we've got corn, bush beans, carrots, onions, watermelon, pumpkins, I think some squash, there's more I know... anyway Dustin planted a lot of stuff. Enough to keep me busy canning this winter.

Views from our four wheeler ride...


Playing at the dam...


Workin' in the garden...



Good night Dus, Bud and Allie! Love you guys - don't stay up all night!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design by Boots By The Backdoor